Hope You All Made It Through The Snow Safely

Written by Boston Biker on Feb 09

Uf6POoM

Reddit user Tmaeee took this fun shot sequence.

Best part so far has been the lack of cars on the road, honestly I would love to see it like this all the time. (the no cars, not the 3 feet of blowing snow)

Share your snow pics in the comments. I was out today, and yes I saw some cyclists, hard core Boston, hard core.

submit Hope You All Made It Through The Snow Safely to reddit.com Add to Reddit.

Tags: ,
Posted in bostonbiker | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Hope You All Made It Through The Snow Safely”

1. By Nancy on Feb 10, 2013 | Reply

Saw these folks at 2pm today. They were wearing “Bikes Not Bombs” shirts and big smiles.

/Users/nandy61/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2013/02/10/20130210-154418/IMG_3176.jpg

2. By Charlie on Feb 11, 2013 | Reply

Anyone been on the Orange line bike path today?
    I wanted to ride on Tuesday (2/12) but wasn’t sure if the path was cleared yet.

3. By Matt on Feb 11, 2013 | Reply

I have the same question RE: SW corridor bike path.

4. By Charlie on Feb 12, 2013 | Reply

Matt, I rode the SW Corridor path from Green St. to Northeastern this morning at 7:30 and then on to Chinatown. Snow had been cleared from the path but there was plenty of ice from melting snow. I decided to leave my bike at work today and take the T home. Tremont St. has the bike lane blocked in many places by snow and even the bus lane on Washington St. is blocked by snow in some sections. Most of the secondary street are icy so plan on using only main routes and fighting the cars for your lane if you decide to ride.

5. By mouth breather on Feb 12, 2013 | Reply

any word on if the path along the emerald necklace has been plowed?

6. By latron on Feb 15, 2013 | Reply

Here are two shots, both from roughly the same spot on upper Mass Ave in Cambridge. The first is the Saturday after Nemo, the second on Monday when things were back to “normal.” Guess which one was a better day for everyone, pedestrians, bikers, and drivers alike.