This is going to be awesome! Greg (friend of the blog) is going to be giving his talk about getting the MBTA to help out with the Midnight Marathon ride, go just for him, stay for the rest!
3rd Annual 10 in 1 StreetTalk
Wednesday, December 11 6:00pm-9:00pm
@ Central Square Theater, 450 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge 02139
Tickets: $5.00 / Purchase here
Come learn about innovative transportation research, start up ideas, and advocacy stories given by planners, students, consultants and engineers from around the Boston region. Hear ten, seven minute presentations from home and abroad. Beverages for purchase available and light snacks provided.
- 12 day transportation fight inside the State House - Elizabeth Weyant, Transportation for Massachusetts
- How I convined the MBTA to charter a train for the Midnight Marathon Ride – Greg Hum
- Discovering and growing a global bike culture at State Street – Peter DeBruin, State Street Corporation
- Connect Historic Boston – Steve Golden and Jamie Young, National Parks Service
- Green Routes: a vision for linked greenways in the urban core – Alice Brown, LivableStreets
- North Bank Bridge from the engineer’s perspective – David Greenwold, PE
- Agile city, urban renewal for a networked world – Aaron Naparstek, Streetsblog
- Quantitative Measurement of Infrastructure Changes on the Longfellow Bridge – Ari Ofsevit
- Reclaiming neighborhood streets: Circle The City on Blue Hill Ave – Jessica Parsons, Circle the City Initiative
- Street design activism in Santiago, Chile – Jeffrey Rosenblum, PE
LivableStreets is your advocate for better biking, walking, and public transit in the Boston region, creating safe streets and livable communities. www.livablestreets.info
More information: [email protected] / 617.621.1746 / #10in1StreetTalk / Facebook event
Thank you to event sponsors State Street Corporation and On the Move Coalition.
Tags: 10 in 1, livable streets, street talks
Posted in advocacy, fun | No Comments »