Got this in the email from Hubway, they are back and bigger than ever. I have already seen 5 or 6 people on them. Have you spotted anyone on one yet?
Spring has sprung and it’s time to ride!
After a very snowy winter we are thrilled to announce that Hubway is open for business. Effective Tuesday, April 2, nearly 75% of our stations are on the ground and the bikes are ready to ride. Our team will continue to add stations and expect to be fully deployed by mid-April. There will be an official ‘Opening Day’ launch event on Monday, April 8. Stay tuned to our Twitter feed, Facebook page, and news page for event details.
There are many exciting changes for 2013! The current Hubway footprint is 112 stations and 1100 bicycles with several updates to the 2012 configuration:
- Additional docking points installed at 10 of the most highly utilized stations, including Congress/Sleeper, Post Office Square, Beacon/Mass Ave, and Charles Circle
- Summer/Arch station has moved one block to the corner of Franklin/Arch and has added 12 docking points to accommodate demand
- TD Garden/Legends Way station has moved to the sidewalk along Causeway St at Portal Park and added 7 docking points
- New station at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital’s Navy Yard facility
- Washington Square will get a station in metered parking spots along the median of Beacon St (to be installed after the Boston Marathon)
- New station in on-street parking spots along Harvard Ave in the Kennedy Crossing area of Brookline, providing a critical link between Coolidge Corner and Allston
- New station at the Radcliffe Quad, at Garden St/Shepard St
- Planned station for the Porter Square T plaza
- New station at Highland Ave/Somerville Hospital
- New station at Teele Square/Elm St
- New station adjacent to Tufts at Packard Ave/Powderhouse Blvd
- Ball Square station moving down the block to Bristol Rd at the intersection of Broadway
Your support has helped make Hubway a critical piece of the transit puzzle here in metro-Boston and one of the most successful bikeshare systems in the world. Together we are #realtransportation, we are Hubway.
Tags: back, bigger, Hubways
Posted in news | 2 Comments »