From the BCU website:
Membership and Development Manager – Boston Cyclists Union
The Membership and Development Manager is the main generator and organizer of the Boston Cyclists Union’s rapidly growing membership and volunteer corps, also overseeing other fundraising and development opportunities.
- Hours: Full time
- Reports to: Executive Director
About the Boston Cyclists Union:
The Boston Cyclists Union works to make the city healthier and more enjoyable by promoting the bicycle. Our fast growing 1,000-member grassroots organization is becoming one of the most active and effective advocacy groups in the city. In 2012, our membership doubled. In 2013, we hope to double it again. The Boston Cyclists Union’s work is helping to increase ridership in Boston, Cambridge, Brookline, and Somerville. We want to Connect the City with a complete system of physically separated bikeways designed so that anyone, from an 8-year old child to an 80-year old grandmother will feel safe and comfortable riding a bike.
- Lead and manage programs and events designed to retain, maintain and grow Bike Union membership.
- Identify grant opportunities, communicate with foundation officers, and create drafts for grant proposals.
- Identify contract opportunities, communicate with contractees, and create drafts for contract proposals.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and guide major donor strategy.
- Set membership strategy, membership numbers and budget goals to produce desired results.
- Develop targeted membership materials and campaigns with diverse communities and partners (e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Phone-A-Thons, events, etc).
- Manage lead generation and customer retention programs.
- Collect and analyze historic and survey data to create new programs and refine existing membership programs.
- Champion new practices in membership maintenance and recruiting and implement new strategies.
- Develop and conduct volunteer trainings focused on member recruitment and increased member engagement in Union activities.
- Develop and manage business and employer membership and member discount proragrams.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Committee to improve upon existing and create new programs and outreach for membership.
- Responsible for a wide variety communications involving all facets of membership including new programs, weekly and ongoing communications, and all member messaging and branded materials.
- Collaborate with Development Committee and skilled volunteers on membership materials.
- Create organization-wide themes, talking points and messaging across all trainings and membership materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Deep commitment to the Boston Cyclists Union mission.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar field.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project planning and goal reaching.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with direct mail, e-mail campaign marketing, phone banking, and social media communications.
- Organized, and detail oriented.
- Professional, positive, outgoing, friendly demeanor.
- Desire and ability to implement systems that will allow your work to scale quickly and significantly to be able to reach more people.
- Extra points for working knowledge of Salesforce, Constant Contact, Vertical Response and/or InDesign.
Starting salary is $32,000. We are a small, extremely fast-growing non-profit and strong performance will be rewarded as our budget allows. Full-time, exempt position.
How to Apply:
Send a compelling cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Membership and Development Manager Candidate, YOUR NAME” in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We strongly encourage applicants to submit their application by February 20, 2013. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Boston Cyclists Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.
Tags: bcu, bike jobs
Posted in advocacy, jobs | No Comments »