I got this in the email, I will be very sad to see Nicole go, as she did a lot of great things for this town. I can only hope whoever they get to replace her will continue her legacy.
As many of you know already, today is my last day as Director of Bicycle Programs for Mayor Menino and the City of Boston. As of Tuesday, I will begin my new position as the Executive Director of Maine Huts and Trails in Kingfield, Maine.
It has been a tremendous honor to serve you all over the last five years. When I began the position in 2007, Mayor Menino pledged to transform Boston into a world-class cycling city. I am proud of how far we have come and our many accomplishments.
- Launching the New Balance Hubway bike share system
- Installing 50 miles of bike lane
- Earning national recognition by the League of American Bicyclists and Bicycling Magazine
- Implementing a model Community Bike Programs which has donated more than 1,000 bicycles
- Installing 850 bicycle racks
I am confident that the program will continue to thrive on behalf of the residents and visitors to Boston. Boston Bikes remains a high priority for the administration.
With deep respect and appreciation,
Tags: goodbye, Nicole Freedman
Posted in advocacy, news | 2 Comments »