Got this in the mail, looks like a good job.
Social Marketing/Transportation Internship
City of Cambridge – Community Development Department – Environmental and Transportation Planning Division
Contact: Rosalie Anders, Project Coordinator
Address: 344 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: (617) 349-4604
Fax: (617) 349-4633
Email: [email protected]
The Environmental and Transportation Planning Division has received a grant for a social marketing pilot project that will involve presenting transportation options information specific to individual residents’ travel patterns and needs. This approach, which is based on a model developed in Portland, OR, has been shown to be an effective way to change people’s travel mode choices. The program will test out how well the model can work in an East Coast city.
The division is nationally recognized for its pedestrian and bicycle programs and is responsible for improving the city’s quality of life by working to protect and improve the city’s natural resources and by planning improvements to the city’s transportation system. Environmental planning activities are mainly focused on implementation of the City’s Climate Action Plan. Transportation planning activities emphasize bicycle and pedestrian improvements and other vehicle trip reduction measures.
The intern will assist with the social marketing pilot project through the following duties:
• Coordinate mailings to the target area
• Respond to inquiries about the pilot project
• Help organize and staff promotional events (including some on weekends)
• Distribute promotional materials (posters, doorhangers, etc) within the target area
• Collate transportation options information specific to each respondent’s needs
• Coordinate with vendor for pick-up and delivery of information packets
• Coordinate with partner agencies to maintain supply of information
• Prepare updates for periodic team meetings and partner meetings
• Assist with preparing summary report at the end of the pilot project
• Assist with grant reporting and application for grant renewal
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Interests
The intern should have a strong commitment to the project goals, be well organized, able to take responsibility for aspects of the project, and be able to work well with groups. The intern should be outgoing and comfortable speaking with people at events and activities. He or she should be comfortable with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Previous related experience is desired. Knowledge and interest in transportation options, specifically in the Cambridge area and familiarity with municipal government operations and procedures would be a plus.
Starting Date: March-April 2010
Ending Date: December 2010; this position is grant funded, and time period may be extended by Department if additional grant funding is approved.
Hours: Average of 22.5 hours per week for remainder of calendar year. Hours are flexible, and will include evenings and weekends.
Tags: cambridge, job, social marketing, Transportation
Posted in advocacy, fun, jobs | No Comments »