New Rule

Written by Boston Biker on Sep 03

If you almost hit me with your car then flip me the bird when I scream “A little space here!” I am allowed to break your mirror off your car with my u-lock.

Seems fair to me, update your rule books.

ass-hole-get-it

In all seriousness I have never met such an amazing asshole in all my life. The best part was he had his kid in the seat next to him. I would guess that I had tried to run down his child he would have cared, but my mom’s feelings apparently don’t matter. Just remember everyone is someones kid/brother/sister/husband/wife how would you feel if someone ran them over? Not sure this will help keep people civil out there, but just throwing it out there anyway.

The man had to stop at a red light not 100 feet in front of where you passed me with a two inch clearance…good to know my life is worth getting to the red light 5 seconds faster. Ohh Boston some days I just love you so much I want to give you a big ole punch in the face.

(and no I didn’t break his mirror off, but I would have if he had gotten closer, not with my u-lock, but with my hip)

submit New Rule to reddit.com Add to Reddit.

Posted in bostonbiker | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “New Rule”

1. By Pat on Sep 3, 2009 | Reply

If it makes you feel any better, I got passed by a big black truck within about two inches in downtown Lowell this morning, so you’re not alone today.

2. By Jazzcycle on Sep 3, 2009 | Reply

I got a super angry long horn then a close pass on Morrisey Blvd this am, then caught the person at the light and let him know he needs another twinki and a brain. Needless to say he shut his trap quick and drove off slowly while next to me the rest of the way.

3. By Marianna on Sep 3, 2009 | Reply

You do have those childbearing hips. You should come ride in the Brighton boondocks at 6:30am, everyone’s real considerate. [knock on wood]

4. By Grim on Sep 3, 2009 | Reply

I think I met the same guy. He gunned it to make a left and if I hadn’t gunned it too, he would have made the left directly into me. Immediately afterward – I’m talking 25 yards down the road – I almost got hit by some joker making a very impulsive U-turn, and I couldn’t help but ejaculate, “WHAT. THE. FUCK!, does EVERYBODY have to be a GODDAMN ASSHOLE?!” Much to the amusement of some working gentlemen on foot nearby. At least I was able to bring some mirth to an otherwise dour day.

5. By Aswad Uhuru Murphy on Sep 3, 2009 | Reply

Glad you are still with us, Biker.

I’d bet money that it was the same cur that tried to run me over. South Station area, 10 AMish.

Run through any red lights lately? just curious. (wink)

6. By BCC on Sep 4, 2009 | Reply

I just wanted to share something nice that happened yesterday.

I was riding along and a guy in an old minivan started to take a left such that he was kind of merging with me. He didn’t see me until kind of late, at which point he changed course to give me space. It wasn’t a close call, but it could have been dicey if he hadn’t shifted. I rode ahead of him, and got to a light. He drove past in the left-turn lane, rolled his window down, and said “Sorry!” with a friendly, mea culpa expression on his face. It was a nice reminder that sometimes, people can be civil.

7. By Boston Biker on Sep 4, 2009 | Reply

BCC, I need to ride with that guy more, I don’t know if I had a target on my back, or what but I got a bunch of shit from bro dudes on the way home last night as well. Today thankfully has been free of incidents. Glad to hear that some people are still sane.

8. By poop on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

FUCK YOU. You sound like a total douche. You have to spend money to make money. How am I expected to work without a vehicle. Not everyone works within walking distance. Plus the most annoying thing on the planet is pedestrians not getting the fuck out of the way.

2. Sep 3, 2009: Zero Combustion » Blog Archive » An Ill Wind Blows in Allston